Sunday 8 February 2015

One of life's most valuable lessons

Hello everyone!

I was browsing the children's section in TK Maxx because the inner child in me just couldn't resist having a look at all the toys kids these days are playing with! When I came across their book section. Most of it was alphabet books and traditional fairytales but tucked away in the corner was a small pile of big picture books - the ones that are perfect for bedtime.

I picked one up just because I liked the cover of it *STARS* (I know, I know, never judge a book by it's cover) and I read it.


As simple as the story was, it really does give across such an important message. Big spoiler alert here! - the obvious message was friendship yet the story also teaches children that having materialistic things don't matter. No matter how many things you have, they will not make you happy. I think that sometimes, we as "grown ups" get so caught up in real life that we forget to just take a step back, look at who we have in our lives and really appreciate them.

Maybe this year, instead of/ as well as giving your friend/family birthday gifts, you could do something together. Create memories and cherish each others company because the important things in life isn't what you have but who you have to share it with.


After reading this book I had no choice but to buy it. I have yet to decide on who to give it to...maybe one of my little cousins? But for now it just sits on my desk as a reminder to appreciate my friends and family.

Hope you enjoyed this little blog post and let me know any children's books that you enjoyed when you were younger!


- - ★ - -

No comments:

Post a Comment